Friday, April 8, 2011

signs of spring

we all have little signs, pecular to our own circumstances.  We were driving by the taxation building today, and I saw the geese, and immediately thought of how excited we get when we see the first goslings. The first geese seem to arrive earlier every year! I also look for the first sign of rhubarb, and think I may have spotted some today, but through the kitchen window, so I'm not really sure.

It's been raining steadily all day.  We have "big sale" tomorrow and Sunday.  Last year this sale happened on the first warm spring weekend, and everyone stayed home to look after their gardens.  ( That's a guess.  I don't know where they were, but they weren't at the sale.)  This year rain is predicted all weekend.  I guess I should pack my stitching.  I'm not excited or looking forward to this at all.  If |I hadn't paid very well for the table,  I don't think I would be going.  and trying to pack and unpack the car in the rain horrifies me, even if David would be the one getting wet.  I don't have any other sales scheduled for this summer, and I'm not concerned about it. I just hope I make enough money at this sale to buy some inks I want to play with.

so I expect to be exhausted when we get home tomorrow and a basket case by Sunday evening.  I may not be posting until early next week, so have a good weekend and enjoy spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment