Sunday, April 10, 2011

Quandry

The quandry comes because I enjoy all of the things you mention, Beth.  The packing. carrying and sitting around all day doing nothing are very very dependant on David, and that really isn't fair, although sitting around reading all day is often what he does at home.  But--to participate in the shows, I must have stock, and that is time consuming and uses lots of supplies.  I thoroughly enjoy playing and experimenting etc, but that also takes supplies.  What I really need is a balance between time spent producing stock and time spent playing.  Timing is also important.  Right now I have no new pieces.  To move away from the craft shows, and more into art shows or exhibitions, I need new pieces.  If I could physiacally do the work, there would be no problem, but I just don't have the endurance any longer.  Nor do I seem to be able to find the same level of creativity that would result in new pieces, but that may be related to taking the Tylenol extra strength.  I was in the process of weaning myself off them when I had the eye surgery and found I needed tham again.  I was taking them fairly often following my fall last summer and then quite regularly following my fall in January, just about the same length of time as my creativity has been diminished.  I also seem to be fighting allergies.  I had four allergy attacks in the week after the eye surgery, and I'm very suspicious of the sulfites in the eye drops I was given.  David took me into urgent care, and they said they would refer me for testing, but I've heard nothing yet.  I have an appointment with my doctor soon and will talk to him about it, and I now carry an epipen (Kachimg!).

The Queen has nothing on us when it comes to "annus horribilus", and old age is a bitch

No comments:

Post a Comment