Friday, April 1, 2011

Be - Good Friday to all

and as I sit here the sun is shining brightly and the temp is above freezing, and the water is dripping off the roof. That doesn't mean that we are free from the cold weather. This is good for the maple sugar producers as the sap flows best with cold nights and warm sunny days. But for our greenhouses we still need to light the propane heaters at night as well as the electric heaters. Sunny days will keep them warm during the day without extra heat. I just made a butterscotch pie to take to Mothers tomorrow. The filling was from a box I had to boil with milk, and it is not firming up very fast in the fridge. I may have to "drink" it for supper on my own, and plan an alternate dessert for her! I went on my own Thursday and will again tomorrow as Harry is suffering with gout right now and mostly in bed. The greenhouses , and a lot of the logging on the computer also become my tasks totally during these times. Thus this message written in the middle of the afternoon. Hope you have a great weekend - already April and I can't wait for nicer weather and get out more. I have been taking the dog for at least two long walks each day mostly for exercise for me. And here I sit with a tea and a lap full of cookies to eat - go figure, eh? I would like to get my bicycle out early this year and dedicate more time to ride it. I think I was out once or twice only last year. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment