Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Happy birthday Beth!

I hope you've had a great day.  It's been bitterly cold here, and it took me a minute ot figure out that-- Yes, it is cold when the temp is minus 8 and you're only wearing the liner of your coat.  Duh!  So, Beth, you have cold and high wind coming your way.  Had a call today offering me a slot to have my other eye done tomorrow.  Amber and I have an outing planned, and David and his sister are planning to go to the lake on Friday, so I said "no".  I'm sure that they won't call again.  The first eye gets dry and "scratchy" at night, and I sure wouldn't want to be dealing with two of them that way. Can't you just see me wearing two eye shields at night?

Have a big pot of Daddy's ribs in the oven for supper.  Lately I've been cooking the ribs somewhat differently, but David really doesn't enjoy them, so backto the old reliable.  I bought the Company's Coming book on Healthy, Slow Cooker Recipes. It was on sale, of course.  I would really like to develop a bunch of that type of recipe, for those days I want to spend in the studio.  We spent the whole morning out shopping, because we got the flyers yesterday, and were going from store to store "cherry picking".  Got a cheap turkey at Safeway.  We still have a couple left from the ones we got up near Cathy's last fall, but when I find gradeA for 0.99/lb I grab them.  So turkey this weekend and then freeze a few extra meals.

A quiet evening planned, and then bed early for the big day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment