Friday, April 8, 2011

Checking in

Amber here. Well, I'm done my acting again. I'll be happy to work at home again. I hate going into the office every day, all day. I really am spoiled with my teleworking position. They aren't approving any more until further notice so I realize how lucky I am. The one thing I did look forward to every day was the drive and watching the river. My route doesn't take my over the red river, but it does take me over the "creek" on provencher. I don't think I've ever seen it so high. There is also one spot along the highway where the seine river comes very close to the highway and there is a house with a young family in it. They were written up in the newspaper a couple of years ago and had just moved into the house and were expecting their first child at the same time as they were trying to sandbag their house. Well, the water is higher than I have ever seen it and it's right up against their sandbags. I have no idea why they bought the house. They must have known the potential for flooding is a yearly thing. Anyways, I always slow down and take a good look at how high the water is on their property. Last year, the fields along the highway also looked terrible and are getting close again this year, but I guess I haven't lived here long enough to know how much water in the fields is normal. I don't think there is any concern for us here in town. The town has been working on getting ready for awhile now and seem to be doing a pretty good job.

After two weeks of no gymnastics, we are starting up again tomorrow. Soccer will also start late April or early May, so that will keep us busy as well. Darren has also agreed to do a fourth week of guiding this May. Originally he was only supposed to de three weeks, but both the outfitters and the clients were begging him to do the fourth week in addition to the first three, so we talked it over and and decided he would do it as well. This will also help pay for the boat he just put a deposit on. Apparently he got a super deal. Do they ever stop using that line? It's a boat that has been purchased by the city for use with the flood fight. Once the city is done with them, they are sold off. So whether the city uses them or not, it's still a good deal. He gets first choice of three of four boats.

We picked up Romeo's ashes today and I don't plan on telling Samantha about it. Jessica understands it all and is fine, but Samantha still doesn't understand what death means. I've had to tell her five separate times that Romeo isn't coming home so I really don't think I can handle telling her he's in the urn. Maybe one day, but not now.

I'm very much looking forward to next week - I'm taking a few days holidays to do nothing. Actually, I'm really hoping to get some cleaning done around the house. Mom and I also have appointments to get manicures and pedicures. It's been almost two years since my last pedicure, so I'm really looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment