Saturday, September 1, 2012

Bridal Shower

Well, I have experienced my first community shower this afternoon and I am more the wiser for it. I am glad I went as there were few people there - I counted approx 20 which I thought was not too many but then maybe this was actually a good turnout - I have nothing to base my comparison on. The family put a lot of time and effort to make it nice - good food and lots of it - like sandwiches, cheese and crackers, pickles, punch, tea and coffee, desserts and decorated cake. Fancy tea pots and china cups and saucers! Each tea table was decorated with a centerpiece, and there was a sign in book, as well as blank envelopes that you were to put your address on - supposedly for the thank you cards to be sent out. A good idea actually so that the bride will have the correct address and not have to go searching for it. My gift seemed to be received favourably so I was pleased. I made pleasant talk with the people at the table I sat at, so all in all it was an OK two hours. I came home and poured myself a drink. The "box" of wine seems to work just fine haha!
More recipes from the KISS cookbook - I made the Zucchini Orange Loaf on page 104 - trying to use up zucchini. It is very tasty. I really think this cook book is guite good! Have you tried any of the recipes?
We had smoked spare ribs for supper - Harry bought the ribs at the meat market this morning, and we put them on about noon, and ate at about 5:30 so not long to cook them. Harry has an electric smoker and we have had salmon, pork chops and now ribs in the last week. The smell is delicious while cooking and fills the yard with a great aroma.
Time to go to bed and read - great novel on the go right now so anxious to get at it. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment