Friday, September 7, 2012

You are right - delightful!

I just viewed the Star Trek images - and I had fun going through them one by one. I find it hard to believe that it has been 46 years but then when I start to count, it all comes back to me - "where did all the years go, gone to ....?" (sing along if you like!)
We went to a restaurant in North Bay tonight for supper - never been in it but have heard ads for it. It is called The White Owl Bistro. The outside is still old fashioned having begun as the The White Owl Eatery in 1946, but a new name and fresh paint is all that has changed outside. Having never been inside until tonight, I was surprised to see a very fancy setup and decor. Then we looked at the menu and saw some very, very fancy prices. So the outside is an illusion to what one beholds in coming through the doors. Nevertheless, a delicious pickeral dinner, and then apple crumble with home made rum and raisin ice cream for dessert was my treat for the day!We shall likely never go again, but for tonight I have the memory of a really nice outing! I bought my lottery ticket in North Bay as well, so maybe a change in purchase venue will bring me luck tonight.
Wonder what pieces of handwork Eileen might have, and what pictures she is sending. It would be good to see what arrives before making any decisions as to dispersal. With just getting the family tree from Beryl on the Hughes side, maybe we could do some geneology on the McGrath side? I know Keri expressed interest when I was there this summer in family history, so maybe she could be included somehow? When you get the parcel Patty, lets talk some more about what you receive. I have a doilie of lace given to me for my wedding by Aunty Margaret - the lace having been made by Margaret Wastle according to the note attached to the gift- a very old piece that I put into a frame but always intended to have it professionally framed (never got around to it) With two boys who never really knew the McGrath side of me, and who are not interested in family history, I can't see me being able to pass anything along. So I suggest it remain within your two families.
Yesterday Harry went to the dump to take our garbage and came home with two almost new duvets wrapped in their original bags that someone had placed separately on the pile of garbage bags.. They are white goose down duvets and in excellent condition - I put them both through an air dry cycle of the dryer and it freshened them up nicely. They should be dry cleaned but I think that would be costly right now. I went up to the Sears store and picked up the new Wish Book, and looked for duvet covers to price them - not too bad actually. so may think about getting two. These are queen size duvets and the catalogue priced them at $229.99 on sale. You never know why people throw things out like that, but in this case we are the recipients of something really good and at no cost for us (except to purchase the covers)
Have a nice weekend everyone, and take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment