Sunday, September 16, 2012

Dry clothes, TV special, and a wee nip?

You have it made, Patty and glad to hear things have more or less sorted themselves out - I expect today would be a day for relaxation? I have done a few things today and now a bit tired, but still forging ahead. I have to call hairdresser right at 0900 tomorrow to see if I can get a haircut. On Friday there was no answer and so I left a message but Friday is also her short day so I never did connect with her.I watched a DVD of Celtic Thunder about a year ago and had not really heard of them before but I can now remember parts of it and think I know why you would say 90% female. Regardless, it was the sitting and enjoying a few hours that was the pleasure for you, I am sure (?) We picked and picked until late last night to avoid the frost that was warned would come overnight. The tables in the front room were (are) covered with green tomatoes small to bigger in size. So today I scrambled for different recipes - ended up with a pickle and another mincemeat - both are not really that tasty but there they are in bottles ready for consumption over the next year. Harry made a relish using hot peppers and garlic and a combination of tomatoes and peppers and celery etc. He had suggested I make a green tomato wine and so on the internet I read a few recipes but what a complicated procedure and not ready apparently for a whole year! And we have no equipment such as primary and secondary vessels and air traps and bottles etc. You folks all use kits for your wine, don't you, and not make wine from scratch?
This morning I took the dog down to the lake just as the sun was peaking up over the horizon. The sky was foggy over the lake, and "dreamy" in appearance and just as the sun made its appearance, the sky lit up in the most wonderful beautiful way - I quickly took a picture with my cell phone and so wanted to send it to you folks, but have no idea how, so for now, it will remain in the phone and I can relive that moment whenever I like by viewing it there!
So it is back to reality and another week on the way, so I wish you all a good week - no more issues for Patty, OK? Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment