Saturday, September 1, 2012

social events

One way to gauge how many were expected would have the number of tables/seats that had been prepared.  I tend to think that social events, such as this, and things like ladies luncheons are less common these days, which is a shame.  But I think many of them came aobut as the only opportunity that many women had to get out and socialize.  I also remember the number of house parties that Mom and Dad used to attend.  I even remember square dances in our basement., but you never seem to hear of such things these days. Or maybe I'm just feeling a bit of cabin fever.  Both of my social/stitchery groups didn't meet over the summer, but my Ravenesque group is meeting Monday evening.   I don't know how many of us will actually make it.  At this point it's looking like the hostess and myself.

Other than gettign out on our bicycles the last three days, we have been very busy sorting my fabric stash and getting part of it ready for a sale. I had three big Rubbermade tubs full of fat quarters, many of which had pieces cut out of them, and many others had shrunk in the wash so they were no longer the right measurement.  We checked every piece and ironed the ones that could go for sale, wrapped them and labelled them.  Then I sorted through everything that was left, and put aside anything that I thought could be used in the two scrap quilts I have planned.  Anything that was left was put in large Zip Loc bags and labeled as a "scrap bag", for the sale. Two of the Rubbermade containers are empty. This took three long hard days for both of us.  We sure slept well last night, and the fact that  it was cooler made it even nicer.

Tomorrow, Amber and the girls will be here for supper.  Other than the big family Easter dinner, they haven't been here since before Christmas.  Samantha starts school next Wednesday, the last of my Grandbabies to do so.  I'm very grateful that I'll be seeing my Grandbabies again.  I hope it goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment