Friday, October 3, 2014

A different sort of excitement

today we went to vote.  Since I'll either be in hospital or unable to go anywhere on election day, we went tot he advance poll at the local mall.  A very long line when we got there, full of people with walkers and canes.  Yep, took my walker.  The brakes don't really work on it, so \i was able to sit down and scoot along.  David went to the other end of the mall to pick me up a Timmie's while I waited, and still got back in lots of time.

Just because, I tried to use my passport for identification, but it was refused.  It was explained that this was because it had no address to prove where I lived, and that made sense.  Last time I tried, it was at the Bank of Nova Scotia and they just plain refused, with no explanation.  I've been playing with this for awhile, as I can't believe that a Canadian passport is cannot be used for identification purposes in Canada.  If my own country won't accept it, why should any other country.

There was a book mentioned on The Quilt Show, dealing with the hexies.  It looked quite good and I tried to find it on Amazon without any luck.  Guess I'll have to give some thought as to where else to look.  I can't remeber if the guest on the show had a web site, but that might be a place to start.  Would need an hour to view the whole thing again, though, and that's probably not going to happen in the next day or so.  Loren and Jeremy hope to get over next weekend to move the essential parts fo my studio ustairs, and the guest room furniture downstairs for the duration.  I have been desperately trying to get some projects stock piles so that I can sork with a minimum of supplies and equipment for the enxt month or so.  I have tentatively signed up for a sale in early December and really, really need some stock.

Last weekend we bought a small turkey and have been slowly eating our way through it.  Tonight should be the last meal.  Thank goodness.  Otherwise we are planning our visit to Neepawa for Monday.  I plan to take Joy with me so that she can meet Spirit, and one of the boys asked to go along.  I never know which one as, of course, they are identical triplets.

No comments:

Post a Comment