Sunday, October 26, 2014

Wednesday it is!

We'll work out the details once you find out what is going on.

I've been thinking about my wardrobe as well.  I would like a couple of new tops for the winter.  I have a very nice 3/4 sleeve sweater that works very well for me, but I'm guessing I'll have to look somewhere other than WalMart to something similar.  More urgently, I need a new pair of slippers.  The ones I'm wearing cost me $6.00 four years ago.  But I know it will be a lot more to replace them.  Unfortunately the hard rubber sole is coming off in pieces.  My robe is fleece and is getting so pilled that it irritates my skin, so I would enjoy a new one.  Thank Goodness I got two pair of everyday trousers to take to Cuba with me, and between those and my jeans, I can cover most occasions.  The zipper on my parka was replaced last year, so it should be good for a couple more years.  I paid $80.00 for it on the same trip to the States 4 years ago, so don't feel it owes me anything.  Of course bright lime green with bright blue paint spatters may not be this year's colour.

We had hoped to get me out of the house for a few minutes today, but it didn't happen.  Maybe tomorrow.  I have to pick up a prescription at Walmart, and we had talked of doing a bit of grocery shopping.  Unfortunately, I have a hunch the grocery money will be gone once we pay for the prescription. ( Last time it was over $200.00)  I'm hoping there will be enough for a quick trip through the Tim Horton drive-thru in any case.

No comments:

Post a Comment