Friday, October 24, 2014

Friday

I am so glad this week is over.  I seem to have reacted to the flu shot I got last Monday.  24 hours later (almost to the minute) my nose started running, cough, sore throat, yada yada yada.  I read the pamphlet they give you and that is exactly what they said could happen.  Unfortunately they didn't say how long it would last.  I spent yesterday in Winnipeg and for some reason no one wanted to sit by me,  Could it have been the hacking and coughing and nose blowing?  I was in bed by 8:30 last night and went to work today, but I am home and have already had a nice hot bath.  Next week I am in Winnipeg Tuesday through Friday.  Tuesday night at the Hotel Fort Garry and Wednesday and Thursday at Radisson. (where the meetings are)  Everyone at the meeting was teasing me because I won't have my own car, so they said they would get me a shopping cart to move from one hotel to the other.  they said I would fit right into the area.  The next week I am at Canad Inns at Polo Park and that is where the meetings are. Beth, since you asked, I have somehow found myself, once again, on the bargaining committee for our new (first) contract.  Already I am tired!  It is interesting, though, to follow all the intrigue and speculation that is involved.  It is like a curling game... "if we do this, they will probably do this and then we can go here...." Patty is back to work on Nov 3.   (of course I will be in Winnipeg on the 4th & 5th) so we will finally be able to settle into our own jobs... if we can figure out what they are.  Jim got a new (1991) van today.  Our "beast" is set for the wreckers (or some teenager that wants to fix it up)  The new van is a complete camper.  Bed, Fridge, Stove, microwave, porta-potty etc.  Now we just have to go somewhere.  It may be only 5:30, but it is time to settle in for the evening.  I wonder if I can make it past 8:30 tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment