Friday, October 3, 2014

Mad dash inside....

I was trying to cut back the grape vines which have grown up and up and up into our trees and the neighbour's trees. The wind was picking up briskly and the sky was darkening quickly. Harry is over at another person's place sitting in front of the house guarding against a company that just tried to scam and fraud this person into over $3000,00 to put a water filter in. They were supposed to come at 3 pm to install. She called us at 7:30 this morning all upset because she had signed a contract and knew she was scammed  Long story short we think we got it cancelled but Harry went over to sit just in case the company showed up anyway and tried to weasel their way in.  This lady is the sister of Uncle Walter (deceased) and is 86 years old and lives alone. Hope it goes OK. But in meantime we had carrots outside drying off and I barely got to them before the rain came. So I came inside and poured a glass of wine - my old standby haha!  We are in for a week of wet now but it is the wind and storms I don't look forward to. I managed to sweep the front sidewalk so that when I start to pump the sump pump won't get full of leaves etc and bog down. Oh bliss - what a life !!  Good thing is that the new Daniel O'Donnell DVD arrived in mail today - i can sit and watch it.  And maybe try a hexagon patch - I watched the latest Episode of The Quilt Show last night and was enthralled with hexagons and the English paper method.  Might be fun ....tonight we win $22 Million yeah!!  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment