Thursday, October 23, 2014

Sunny - what a thrill.....

And I was able to work outside most of the day. Mind you I am somewhat bushed tonight but it is a nice tiredness! Yesterday we went to Huntsville to shop and have lunch at a restaurant. The brother in law recommended this restaurant but both Harry and I were disappointed with our meals. We eat out so seldom and when we do I expect to get a good meal for our money. Do you think that expectation is unreasonable?  But we went to Coles book store in the Mall. Remember I told you that Harry had traded in our "points" from Nielsen Homescan for pre loaded cards. They had arrived in the mail and so with these in hand we both bought a book. Harry got a good 2015 Coins Reference book, and I really splurged by buying a book I had heard about from an interview on the radio. Brian Little's Me, Myself, and Us  The Science of Personality and the Art of Well-Being  ( I can hear you groaning but bare with me - this is really interesting stuff and will help in one's daily quests - or so I am hoping haha)
I have been following the Free Press accounts for the Winnipeg Municipal elections and Mayor so see you had your elections Wed and read about the winners today.  We go to the polls next Monday Oct 27. We too are hoping for a big change in council and Mayors positions and there are quite a few new, young candidates from which to choose.
Cathy is all your travelling to Winnipeg related to work and being shown new procedures for the private company, Teranet?  It must be really trying right now, so "keep your head up and march proudly" as this too, will pass.
Time to rest my weary bones and go to bed. Speaking of weary bones, I went to North Bay the other day to pick up the concert tickets Harry won from the radio station. As I opened the door to the building, I missed a high step up and tripped on the step and went flying onto my face flat on the floor with purse flying. No graceful way to get up, so I lay there for a moment while two office workers came running to my rescue. Of course I said I was Ok but once I left the office I realized that I really gave myself a jolt -my knees and ankles wee hurting. On Wed Harry called into another contest and was on the air and won a $25.00 gift certificate to Modern School of Hairstyling and Esthetics. I am planning to use this to get a permanent. My hairdresser here in Sundridge cannot do permanents because of the smell of the solutions, so for last few years have only being getting a hair cut. I will look forward to getting some curl in my hair for over winter.
Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment