Sunday, October 26, 2014

Hope you two can get together?

Maybe Cathy will have some time to relax a bit from the negotiations to visit. I was involved with the Labour Board for months with many trips to Toronto and also locally when the Nurses and Homemakers petitioned to receive severance pay as "employees" when the wise old government decided to change the health care delivery model. It was not a pleasant time for me. As much as you have been involved before Cathy, and have knowledge and experience, and a desire to participate, I still wish you well.
Well, I managed to get the big greenhouse cleaned , and tapped, and covered with wood and tarp before the rains came again yesterday. I was at it all of the day Friday but the weather was gorgeous for a nice end of October Fall day!  Yesterday I accompanied Harry to Sprucedale to the Flea Market, and then to gather up the flowers from the grave site. We brought them back to the storage shed for the winter.On the way back Harry proclaimed an urge for a donut so stopped at Tim's in Burk's Falls and bought me a coffee (!!) and a box of 12 assorted donuts, and an ice cappuccino for himself. (Totally on his own). I enjoyed my coffee, but now have a box of  day or two old donuts to get rid of here at home.
In the afternoon I walked up to the Hotel to attend Artscape. Local area artists of all genre display their work in a well organized show. There is the option for people to purchase if desired. I enjoy viewing what work there is available locally: from paintings, to beading and jewelry, to pottery, and sculptures of cement, and stained glass. And a very wide variety of prices as well. It was fun just to see and wander around with others most of whom I did not know. And, no, I did not purchase.
This afternoon we head for North Bay to attend the evening performance of John McDermott for which we won tickets. It should be a nice show.
Haven't heard tell of our "hunter" Mike all week but the highways are busy with trucks hauling 4 wheeled vehicles and assorted hunting gear. And I can still hear gunshots resounding from the bush when I take Scooby for a walk. Maybe I should wear a brilliant orange jacket. I met a man walking with his little poodle the other day, and not only was he wearing an orange jacket, but also the dog had on an orange coat! He just said,"better to be safe".
Hallowe'en on Friday, and although I have a few decorations up, I'm not going to do much more outside- supposed to be a really rainy day and evening, so maybe few little ones will be out.
Time to get another morning coffee and gather my energy for another busy day!.  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment