Thursday, October 9, 2014

You are right ...doesn't take much

But for me, everyday, it is the small pleasures that continue to amaze me and nourish me.
Today was a different day. I think I am catching on to your "different kinds of days" Pati.
I mentioned having to go up the North Bay again.  We picked up the office chair right at 9am - not what Harry had thought and a little disappointment! Then we went to Michael's to purchase some Wonder Clips with my 40% off discount coupon.To our amazement there were packages of 10 clips for $11.99, and a package of 50 clips for $44.99. Might as well go big especially with the discount right? When I got to the checkout, with all smiles, laid down the coupon only to be told it was not effective until tomorrow!  Another disappointment! I had not seen the small print apparently. My face must have shown my dismay and I asked sheepishly, couldn't she do something for me. So she hemmed and hawed and finally stated, of course, she could give me the store opening promotional discount instead. This turned out to be 50% off. What?? So I paid the bill, and got out of there as quickly as possible with my box of 50 Wonder Clips. What a bargain!
Harry went on Kijiji last night looking for Budgies (to replace our dear departed bird) He found an ad and this morning we arranged to go there after 1 pm as she had an appointment in the morning.  No one home . So we headed to McDonald's for lunch - this is where Mike's Erin works (ever wonder how a person with a Masters in Education can't get work teaching in Ontario so has to continue with her job of many years that put her through University) Anyway, we had lunch and a short visit with her, and then back to this bird person's house. No one home. We headed for the Nursery to buy wild bird seed to put in more time, and received a call from her to Harry. Apparently she had decided NOT to sell her two budgies. Agggh.....We just spend several hours putting in time. So I told Harry  go to the Pet Store and buy a bird for heavens sake!. So, that's what we did and home we came. I cleaned a cage and now have the new bird placed beside the other bird and once they get acquainted, I will put them together in the same cage.  So, the small pleasures for me today were : the bargain Wonder clips, coffee with Mike, lunch with Erin, visit with Willie, and finally coming home!! I want to stay home all day tomorrow and work in the yard ( weather permitting) Time for bed....Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment