Monday, April 11, 2016

A weekend of fun...and work....

Good to hear Pati and Dave are back home, and that there was quality time spent together with Cathy and Jim while in Neepawa area.
I thought a lot all weekend about your Workshop Pati, and how things were going. Sounds as if all was fine - one always finds a few areas to improve whenever one does lectures, demonstrations , courses etc. I always found weak spots in many of my presentations and I gave quite a few in the course of my career, as did you.  So you'll tidy that up quickly I'm sure, and be ready for the next request to teach.
Mike and Erin invited us for Lunch today - only day they were both off work. The weather has been awful lately and more snow last night and with freezing rain this morning. All school buses cancelled again. Harry cleaned off the car and took it around the area to test the roads. He thought we would be OK to head up to North Bay. so off we went. Was dreadful but he took it slow and we arrived safely.  We had a wonderful visit and Birthday celebration. Erin made sandwiches and salad and veg with dip, and then we had decorated Cupcakes - four different ones. I have heard that the latest fad is for Cupcakes -these were tasty and intricately decorated- she got them at Sobey's Bakery.  I was given a gorgeous Owl vase with fresh flowers, a bag of licorice allsorts, and DVDs - the first three seasons of Arrow.(I'm going to love watching these Pati as I didn't get to see many of the season 1 or 2 before I stopped trying to watch on TV) and the first season of Magnum PI with Tom Seleck. Mike sure knows what type of movies to get me haha  
By the time our visit was over, the weather had cleared up and the snow was starting to melt. The highway back home was clear and dry.
So looking forward to your continued messages folks - it was really lonesome over the weekend. Can you believe all I did Sunday was watch The Masters Golf Tournament  on TV and sew hexigons!
Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment