Tuesday, April 5, 2016

More than wish you luck..

Congratulations Pati, and I'm with you all the way. You are managing this new change in your life very well, and I think about you frequently, and wondering how you are doing, or what you are making to eat! haha

What a crazy day. This afternoon we had a blimp with the power and then everything went to a dull light ( like a 'grey" out) except the major items like computer, TV, microwave and of course the greenhouse heaters which all would not function at all! I phoned quick and reported this problem - the lady said they had had no similar reports of problems so took my name address and phone number, and said she would report the issue. So maybe I thought,  it was just us ....and I panicked and ran around the house trying to troubleshoot. Maybe after all this time, the heaters decided to blow everything. Down to the fuse box, up to the rooms, down to the basement again trying every switch and devise and trying to coordinate the fuses with the switches. All the time wondering if I would have to ave Hydro men in, or Fire men in and thinking about the worse case scenarios. After an hour I called back ( on my cell phone now as we have no analogue phone line either for some reason) I asked what the process would be for the Hydro to come and check it - I was confused by her responses until I realized that she was saying there was a problem in the Sundridge area and not just us- they had men working on it already. Relief! So we spent a few more hours working in the greenhouses and I was about to get the propane heaters attached and ready to light when .....yeah! the power came back on. About 4 hours total we were out this time.

Best thing today is that the Library called to say my next Gamache book had arrived. I picked it up - this time it came from Fort Frances. So I shall go to bed, keep the little kitten company until he decides to go to sleep, and I shall read. Tomorrow will come and with it new beginnings. What do they say on The Quilt Show...it's a new day, every day.
Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment