Saturday, April 23, 2016

Memories take two

I think a lot my memories  re-surface recently because of a conversation with Debbie.  It was to her house that i sought refuge after school. I know that daddy went down and spoke to Debbies parents about "something"  I know that after that conversation I always went to Debbie's after school until someone else was home.  Debbie is very frustrated with her Mother.  In our conversation she actually spoke about how much she now hates her.  I guess her mom has become a very bitter and vindictive alcoholic. (she is mid 80's now)  I remember that she always welcomed me and never said a thing when I came over every day.  (I also remember her coming down the street in her housecoat when Debbie was staying with me (Daddy and Beth went to Bissett).  She wanted to make sure we were home (Hello!Telephone!)  I know there were a lot of things that Debbie didn't  tell her daughter about her early years ( Elisabeth had a very serious heart condition at birth and at one point her father got Debbie arrested for some reason or another.. he is a QC lawyer.)  The police told Debbie they were led to believe that Elisabeth was a toddler and Debbie was keeping her from her father despite a court order...meanwhile she was a sick baby that Debbie was still nursing and no court order!  Debbie never told Elsabeth any of this because she wanted her to have a relationship with her father.  It seems Debbie's mom told Elisabeth everything. She is also making a lot of mean comments about being abandoned etc etc.  Debbie has P of Atty for her Mom so I told her to check into the terms and see if it contains the "continuing despite mental instability" clause.  That might make it easier to get medical help for her mom.  .  Her daughter is getting married in July and Debbie really likes the guy.  He helps Debbie a lot around the house with "man" things.  i guess we all view life in different ways and have different memories.  I remember Debbie\s  Mom letting me stay there..(despite the housecoat incident.). she remembers the mean comments that have been made over the years. You cannot know someone until you have walked in their shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment