Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Puttering again


A putter-y day here yesterday, as well.  After the busy-ness of the weekend, I wanted a few minutes to myself to sort out where my studio work will go next. I did fairly well at the sale this weekend, but still have stock to take to the next sale which is in June.

Loren and Sheila were over for a bit on Sunday, and we talked about the kitchen.She helped me wort out the rationale behind decisions and then guided me a bit in making those decisions. She also pointed out things that we hadn't even thought about.  One was the probable need to add a sub-floor under the area of the present counter, as it appears that there has been more than one layer added tot he kitchen itself.  Both she and Loren recommended one contractor, but emphasized the need to get several quotes, and check out possible references carefully

Did I mention that, when sorting through the photos recently I found an envelope with a lock of Mom's hair from when she was three years old?  Anyone interested?

No snow here, so yesterday we had a fellow come over to clean up the yard.  Hi did this for us last year, and we had been pleased.  The price was certainly right.  Well, this year, for the same price, he showed up with an assistant, ( we think it was his father)in two trucks with three machines.  Took  six big yard waste paper bags off of the lawn.

Also, David finally got rid of the bird bath.  We've had it for between 25 and 30 years, but it was still sad to see it go, especially when he had to take a sledge hammer to it to break the pieces down far enough that they could be added to the gravel we have between the garage and the fence.  So he's spent today cleaning out the spot the bird bath had been in. There was quite a hole as we had made a deep and secure base for it. 

I'm spending the day doing prep work for the four projects I hope to start in the near future.  I had thought I was going to have to buy dye and even maybe some paint, but did an inventory yesterday, and only need one colour of dye. So will probably just pick up a smaller bottle at the art store here, instead of ordering it from Toronto and paying for UPS courier delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment