Friday, April 29, 2016

Oh Cathy...

How very, very nice that she was able to take you with her.  And what a wonderful tribute to her!  Mothers are allowed to take some of the credit for this sort of thing, so rest on your laurels for awhile.  You deserve it.
I have several large projects looming on the horizon, so have been trying to clean up the small ones.  Or maybe I'm just procrastinating out of fear of leaving my comfort zone. Regardless,  I'm puttering in the studio.  Part of this is gathering supplies and getting ready to tackle the big projects.  I need to dye fabric, so have been washing and rinsing lots of cloth.  I've also been preparing shopping lists of supplies--which turned out to be nothing, as I discovered that I had a lot of the supplies that I had thought I needed to buy.  I did most of the prep work for a huge hand stitching project that I anticipate will never be finished in this lifetime, but I can sit during my one hour of tv per day and slowly work at it.  And "no", it doesn't involve "hexies".
We've done some shopping the last couple of days, and have to go out again this afternoon to pick up some pills that David needs.  Supper is in hand, the laundry almost finished, and I hope to be able to do some work on my most recent "reliquary" this afternoon.  It's been on the back burner too long, and should only take a couple of days to finish.  There is a show coming up that may be appropriate for it.
Since my diet allows one cup of coffee a day, I've been making the most of it, and stopping by Starbucks, when we're out.  This takes the place of the French Vanilla Cappuccino that I've had from Tim Horton's at 3:00 every day--for years.  In the psychological parts of the diet book, it talks about seeking satisfaction from strong flavours, as one means of combating boredom and dealing with cravings, so this is my strategy.  This week, I've been dropping 0.2 or 0.4 of a pound almost every day, and while this doesn't sound like much, when you do the math it is a very acceptable rate for loosing.
David just came to get me, so I guess it's time to head out.

No comments:

Post a Comment