Thursday, April 21, 2016

Rhubarb

David tells me that our rhubarb is also up, although I can't yet see it from the kitchen.  We're also seeing life in our peonies. (can't kill those suckers--no how!)  And this morning my weight was such that I can now state that I am down 10% of my body weight and working on a second 10%.  This means that I've lost all of the weight I gained in Neepawa, and then some.  Hopefully, it also means that I have passed the point where I stalled out the last two times I tried to lose.  Now, having told someone all of this, I feel challenged to keep going, so I'm willingly consuming my breakfast of non-fat, non-sweetened yogurt, rye flakes and sunflower seeds.  The down side of this is that I'm starting to see the excess skin that can become a problem with excessive weight loss.  Don't care--I'll hide it under my trousers.

I went to the local quilt guild meeting last night.  A former neighbour of Lorraine's told me that her house is being fully renovated with additions on the front and one side, and that the owners have been out of the house all winter.  Another, quite elderly, lady, who used to work with Lorraine at the Craft's Guild, offered me a collection of all of Lorraine's souvenir quilt-related pins.  She invited me over to her home, for tea, one day, soon, to pick them up.

This weekend is the Art Group Show and Sale.  I'm working late both Saturday and Sunday afternoon, but want to drop in Friday evening  to see if I might get some feedback on my small purses.  I also promised my friend Gail that I would show up for Friday evening Wine and Cheese. Otherwise, I expect to spend most of the weekend catching up on housework, and working on the piece I have in the basement.  It's not going well-'nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment