Thursday, April 21, 2016

When it rains it pours

and I am not talking about water.  This week at work we complained about the smell. (OMG - REALLY FOUL!) We figured a ballast had gone.  Nothing happened, so yesterday I contacted the main building manager and told him that we had no response to our first complaint. Right after I left that message the power went out in half the building.  He phoned me back and told me to contact John's electric for the ballasts and he would contact the government electrician for the power outage.  That was at 1pm.  I went to shopeasy and when I got  back at 1:15 John's Electric was already there and 10 minutes later the government electrician showed up.  Suddenly all the power in the building went out.  It seems that it wasn't the ballasts on the lights, but our main breaker had melted!  There was no way he was letting any power into the building.  The two electricians then headed off to John's Electric to see if they had a main breaker in stock.  (We teased them about having found a friend to play with:))  Being a nice day, we sat on the front stairs for 2 hours.  They came back with a breaker but it was 200amp and our building is only 150.  They put it in anyway, and now our entire building has to be brought up to standard (and it is a heritage building so that is a real hoop)  Meanwhile, we were waiting for trainers from WLTO to work with us on a new project.  They showed up while we were  all enjoying the sun.  We have power but they are checking on us regularly.  Today we had at least 7 men in the basement (One of the trainers asked if we could keep them 'cause she was single and wanted a choice)  On another note, we sat outside til dark the last couple of evenings, but now it is really cold again.  BUT!  I have rhubarb, and Irises, and Johnny Jump Ups all around the yard.  The swelling in JIm's eyes has gone down.  He keeps telling people that either I got him with a 2 by 4, or that's what happens when you piss Cathy off.  I requested Dr. Phil's 20/20 diet from the Library.  I am reading it, but usually with a bowl of chips and a 7-up :(.  Maybe I will take enthusiasm from your success, Pati and try it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment