Friday, April 29, 2016

Banquets and Pride

Last night I attended the local Rotary Club Paul Harris Banquet.  I went as my daughter's guest. It was very interesting.  Rrain was MC, so we sat at the "head table"  I was beside the District Governor, Ken Krebs.  Rrain was the recipient of the Tony Otten Award.  Besides a certificate and a medalian, $1000 is donated in Rrain's name to the Rotary International Foundation.  She was introduced by another Rotarian and as he listed all her accomplishments in our community I was overwhelmed to hear someone else recognise her for all her involvement.  She is a very busy woman.  She is also, in the history of Neepawa Rotary the first female recipient.  She has set a lot of precedents for this Rotary.  I wonder if they will ever recover from her :) .  Tomorrow we are all off to Killarney to see the other source of pride in my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment