Monday, April 11, 2016

Home again

As I expected, the diet went out the window, and I gained a couple of pounds, but I dust myself off and start over again!  No "poor me", just persevere.

We saw Cathy and Jim at the Legion meat draw, and then went back to our room and spent the evening quietly.  A basic but decent motel.  It has been around for awhile, but effort has been made to spruce it up.  Cathy told me that all of the beds were fairly new.  there was a very nice breakfast room and, again basic, but respectable breakfast--fruit, toast, cereal, yogurt and "make-your-own" waffles, all available.

I was very nervous getting started on Saturday, but once I dove in things went quite well.  A catered lunch from the local cafe--cream of cauliflower soup and sandwiches and the ladies brought pot luck desserts.  Sunday, was the section of the class that had never been taught before and there was one area that I'll have to re-work but it was sort of neat to see various people suddenly "get it", or find one technique that really spoke to them.

Saturday evening we went to a "Beer Tasting" at Viscount Cultural Centre, after having having dinner at a local restaurant with Cathy and Jim.  There were a variety of beers, good snacks, and live music.  I really enjoyed the music.  A lot of Celtic influence, some maritime influence, and covers of a few well known songs in the same vein.  But then early to bed, as we were both exhausted.

While I had been working Saturday, Jim took David out to see the production facility at Twilight Manufacturing.  I think he learned a lot about kitchen cabinets, and brought home some samples of the types of doors they make and the types of laminate surfaces they offer.  Someone will try to come around to see our setup, so they can give us an estimate, but they only provide the cabinets, not any of the other things we think we are going to need, although David says that they will try to work around an existing back splash,

Coming home we saw what appeared to be some really nasty weather, but managed to travel around the edges of it, only running into some minor snow around the Portage by-pass.  We sure saw some nasty looking clouds though!  Highway 16 has been re-done and was a pleasure to drive. Finally home, and out for supper.  We were both exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment