Saturday, April 23, 2016

Memories

knowing that I have a busy evening ahead of me and that yesterday was "not a good day", I've let myself putter today.  My eyes fell on two shoe boxes of family photos that we found a week or so ago.  So, I went through them.

Oh My!  lots of photos of the three of us as children, and our friends.  There is a very nice one of you, Beth with Irene Smith and Billie deWolfe.  There were ones of Beth and I cooling off in laundry tubs at the side of the house. A few of us with either the Overwaters or the McCraes.  Even one of Auntie Flo and Uncle Jake with Anne as a babe in arms.  There are a few of Beth and I at Sandy Lake when Mom was pregnant with Cathy. Then a whole series of Cathy's wedding pictures with Jim, also Kris and Sandy's wedding with Phyllis and the fellow with the pink hair.  Sure fooled him when the "photographers" changed his hair colour to brown!  Thank Goodness!

There were quite a few of family gatherings at Auntie Lorraine's, including one of the men using a ladder to take the window off the bathroom because somebody always locked themselves in!  These included many of the McGrath family.  I'm always impressed with Daddy for being such a good looking man, and it shows when you see him with his father and brothers.  There was one of all of the cousins, including Eileen Nordstrom and Bernice McGrath (Uncle Bert's daughter).  I saved a few that I thought current family might be interested in, including you two.  So when you come to pick up you "family" coffee mug, Cathy, you'll have to spend a minute deciding if you want any of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment