Friday, December 14, 2018

Another quiet day at home

Didn't even go out for coffee.  But I did end up on the Shaw support for a while.  I was trying to set up a group e-mail list.  Last time I did i, there was a little window on my e-mail that I had to click, and away we go.  this time the window was missing.   It turned out that I actually had to go into Google Chrome, and work through Shaw web mail.  worked fine when the fellow was on the other end of the phone, but a little later, when I found out that I had entered one of the e-mail addresses wrong, fixing the problem was a b---h!  I finally got it, but don't know how.

The ladies at my art quilt support group liked my "Black Ice" piece, so that eases my mind, and it will be entered in the show it was planned for

I now have a second white stocking in progress.  Unfortunately, my machine had difficulty getting through the thickness of a seam, when doing decorative stitching.  What a mess.  Impossible to cut out, or reverse stitch.  In desperation, I found a small small, lace  motif that will cover it up, once I figure out how to attach it.  At that point I gave up for the day.

I have just finished the first "Harry Hole" book, in the series you suggested, Beth.  Interesting book, quite a variety of characters, but I still had trouble getting through it, for some reason.  Normally, I can get through a book like that in less than 24 hours, but this one took me almost 4 days. But, I have another by the same author, and will give it a try.

This evening,I'm going to try some poker.  It's been awhile since I felt any pleasure playing, but with nothing interesting on tv, it will keep me busy and off the streets.


No comments:

Post a Comment