Sunday, December 9, 2018

Tea Set Revisited

Loren was over today to pick up the tea set, and spent a few minutes letting us know what his children were up to.  Jeremy is no longer fanatical about costuming, and is now researching what it might take to build his own computer, and Gillian is now working Friday, Saturday and Sunday evening at a pizza place.  She is evidently doing well in her studies.  Loren, himself, looked pretty good, and says that things are going well, and that he is now off his meds--a good thing.

The sale yesterday was better than last year.  There were many more customers.  I did a little better, but doing better than last year wasn't much of a reach.  I had publicized it as being the very last sale I will ever take part in, when I sent out the invitation, and at this point, I see that as true.  I have been invited back next year, without the expectation that I might sell, and purely for the socialization. I mentioned this to David, and he thought that it might be a reasonable idea. While there, I discovered that one of the other ladies, whose main product involves mixed media, is also a bit of a fan of Design Works tv.  She put me onto a video that I hadn't seen, and I watched it this morning.  Really interesting, and I now have it bookmarked.

There are a couple of meetings for me to attend this week, and then nothing until Christmas Day.  This morning, we took a look at the framed art I have stored in the closet in the computer room. We really need to make a decision about disposal.  I looked though the pieces a couple of times, and realized, that while there was a lot spent on framing, at the time, which says something about how I felt then, I don't have any emotional attachment to any of them, with one exception, and that may find a home on my bedroom wall.  Now we have to figure out what to do with them.  Only one of them has been signed, so I would be happy if they went to the thrift store, although we may offer them to the family, at Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment