Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Countdown - 6 days until Christmas!

There is a little wooden ornament hanging in the kitchen where I can change it every morning - Days Till Christmas it says. I got it a few years ago and always get a kick out of changing it. Silly little things amuse me, eh?
I made my trek to North Bay today and it was a good day for me. I was able to purchase a few items that I had written down as possible ideas for gifts for Harry, and then shopped for some groceries in No Frills and then headed over to Willie's with trays of cookies and some gifts for under their tree. Actually I even took a coffee machine as he told me on the phone that his just broke. So we had coffee and conversation and then he showed me the trailer on TV for the new Mary Poppins Movie called Mary Poppins Return. (I think that was it?) It looks interesting and I would surely like to see it if ever that will be possible - I guess when it comes out in DVD format.  And today while wondering in the Mall, I slipped into the Coles Book Store and touched the book Kingdom of the Blind by Louise Penny.  I read the inside cover about the story line and it sounds exciting ( yet again!) I can hardly wait to actually have the book in front of me and be reading.
Tonight I am really beat but I know it is a combination of the day shopping etc, plus not sleeping well for so long - feeding this little chick is taking a lot out of me. I was able to buy another tub of formula at the Pet Store in North Bay and glad of it as I was down to the last few spoonfuls in the one I had. Never want to be out of this as I do not know when I shall need to feed a new born.  Harry actually fed the bird twice while I was out - I had written instructions in detail but I know what my ways are having done it so much, so it is difficult to hand it over to another who is not familiar. haha! Oh well......
Expecting a ton of snow on friday according to forecast - sure hope they are wrong but then calling for mixed precipitation over weekend. Yuck! Christmas day should be OK for driving. 
So how are you folks doing with your plans for Christmas Day? Cathy are you taking anything for the meal? And Pati are you making Scottish Dressing again. 
Time to round up for the night. I hope to watch the latest Quilt Show tonight while waiting to feed the bird - it is this years special guest so should be interesting. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment