Saturday, December 1, 2018

Wish I were there....

....Pati I read about the Holiday Alley in Selkirk in the WFP and thought it would be a great way to spend some time. And now you tell us that you are there! Always glad to hear about your outings - sounds as if you are really enjoying this "opportunity" and I am glad for you - maybe even a little jealous of your outings as well, haha! 
Busy here though - I am hand feeding a little chick every two to two and half hours. And I am hoping that he will survive but prepared for the alternative if that is to be. 
Just made a batch of banana &choc chip cookies from a recipe Harry pulled from the net. He bought two bags of bananas at Wal mart the other day in the cheap shelf at $1.00 each and now they are spoiling ( I wonder why) so I have to use them up. I will probably also make a smoothie tomorrow.
Calling for freezing rain tonight and tomorrow - this weather is really not nice. The front of the house is slick ice and I am pouring the sand onto it to keep from slipping. Now you know why I go onto the road in spring and fill boxes with the road sand that is left from winter. I have done this for years and it saves the day over the winter time to keep the sidewalks and stairs fairly safe.
I am reading a new series for me called The Harry Hole Series by Jo Nembo. Mike put me onto it from a movie he saw called The Snowman written by the same author. I am enjoying it. 
Hope all is well with you folks. Whats up Cathy - I would use a question mark but the french symbol of É keeps coming up for the question mark and the forward slash instead. A long time ago Cathy you told me how to eliminate the french symbols from coming up - or to stop them from coming at all. Any ideas.
Must go... time to feed the chick and then read for awhile until the next feeding. What a life!   Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment