Saturday, December 15, 2018

Books...

That is the great pleasure of book reading....sometimes you enjoy and speed through and sometimes you pause a bit to catch the drift. I agree about the Harry Hole style of writing - I am into the second book but too early to tell. I may not continue with this series, but I want to see if it is the writing, or just me not getting into it right! I cannot seem to read much these days but I am sure that will turn around again once the new year arrives.
My friend Janie recommended the books of Kate Morton - have either of you read some of hers?  I am still on the list at the library for the next Louise Penny new release - not in yet. I also may (that is a may) get it for Christmas from Mike but if not, I can still get it from the Library. That is a book I will really enjoy.
Hoping to hear from Mike today - he wrote his last of four final exams last evening from 7 to 10 pm. I am sure he will be relieved and ready for a bit of a break over Christmas. I give him so much credit for his perseverance bu then he has so much more ahead of him if he is to follow this dream and be successful in reaching his goals.
Early again here but also a time of day I look forward to so much. Mild still and melting but we did not get the rain and freezing rain (at least yet). Today is bird cage cleaning which takes most of the morning for me - but someone has to do it...haha!  The little chick I am feeding is doing well so that gives me hope and a degree of satisfaction for all my efforts. Today I am reducing the interval of feedings to four hours and see how he manages.
Well coffee/breakfast time and sitting/relaxing time for me, and then on with the day. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment