Friday, December 14, 2018

Christmas stocking

Just had to comment on the picture of the unfinished stocking Pati. It looks gorgeous - too nice to use maybe?  I tried to figure the length - maybe a foot or more? Some lucky person will be the recipient of that before too long I'm sure!
I just made a special batch of shortbread for Mike - he wanted some no or low sugar cookies - he tried some at an outing last week and described them to me and they sounded wonderful but I could not really find a decent recipe. This recipe I used was OK but not quite what I wanted - but he'll get them anyway when we go for Christmas, haha! 
Well ladies, this morning I got my hair cut - long time coming but so wonderful to get done. I always feel like a new person ( and one without hair by the looks of it!) It will be very easy to keep now for awhile but the only thing is I am sure the hairdresser tinged my hair with grey without me seeing her - amazing how the longer hair hid all the grey but there it is on display now.
I spoke with my friend Janie from Winnipeg last evening - usually we talk around birthdays and then at Christmas. She has her medical issues but seems to be accepting her limitations very well. Her son has a wee boy 14 months old so Christmas is sure to be very exciting for them this year. Her cousin and his wife who live in Alberta invited her on a Mediterranean cruise ( their treat) in May this coming year so she is going - she said she wasn't so proud as not to accept.  I wonder, do we have any cousins who might invite us to travel?????
Well back to work here - just looking out the window as it is above zero and threatening freezing rain but so far just a few flurries. In anticipation of poor weather the school buses were all cancelled though. I sure hope nothing strange comes our way.
Take care - have a wonderful weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment