Sunday, December 16, 2018

Making Paper

At this point, I'm just trying to gather the equipment I would need to make paper.  It's looking like the problem is going to be the mesh that she uses.

That website-Design Matters tv.-is a good one.  I've been more or less glued to it for over a month now. There are two of them involved.  Both have university degrees, one in embroidery and the other in art, from what I've heard them say.  They are a mother and daughter, and there is a young granddaughter in the picture as well-Amelie, about 6-8. The daughter, Laura, is currently being treated for cancer, and it's not going terribly well.  I have been aware of them for almost 20 years, and had even  bought one of their books.  Still have it, and have referred to it over the past year.  It is free to subscribe to the website, and there are free videos that you can watch, as well as videos that require membership.  They cover all sorts of techniques--some very interesting, and some just plain weird.  There is one on Motto pillows that is good for a laugh, and even a bit of crafty inspiration. At the sale at Gail's last weekend, another vendor pointed it out to me, without knowing that I had ever heard of them before. They both also have blogs, although Linda hasn't posted anything since Laura was diagnosed, last April.

Promised myself a relaxing day today, after a busy day, and a lot of broken sleep last night.  The computer has been giving me grief, although I think I have it beat now.  It has meant starting to use a completely different e-mail program, but not to worry, the address stays the same.  This afternoon, I went across to the mall, and got myself a manicure and pedicure.  None of the staff of the shop there speak English very well, at all.  For some reason, she cut my finger nails as short as they could possibly be.  I had apologized for having such short nails for her to work with, and I think something got lost in the translation, and that she thought that this was what I wanted.  But still, for me that was a wonderful way to relax--pure self indulgence.

Can't stop eating these days, and I know the problem is within myself.  Right now, I'm trying to appease myself with a mug of Honeybush, Mandarin and Orange tea, before heading to bed.  Hopefully, that will help me sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment