Sunday, December 30, 2018

Everyone resting for now?

Have you all caught your breathe after that whirlwind of activity - with still more to come? Nice to hear about your outings Pati and by sounds of it maybe another to celebrate the Birthday on Jan 1!
All is quiet here - and I am taking down the decorations a little bit at a time leaving the lighted tree and the lighted red bird lights up until the New Year. That way if i wish to sit and enjoy some quiet time on New Years eve or early the next morning i shall have them for comfort. Then it all has to be stored away until next year -that is usually the hard part - where to put it all. Requires a lot of shuffling downstairs and another trip to the storage units, I know that for sure, and am preparing the labelled boxes now for that very purpose.
Today I must read the instructions for an electric pasta machine that Harry got at the dump store yesterday. We have one or two downstairs somewhere but here's another, and so I must try it out. 
In between tasks i try to sneak a chapter or two of the new book Kingdom of the Blind.  As always it is riveting but still the troubling and worrying undercurrents of personal and interpersonal issues - will they be resolved or will they be carried on to another book?  So enjoyable - hope you two can get your hands on it sooner than later.
Doing wash today - my dryer is still doing its job but i worry about it - making a terrible noise and drying is taking longer - I plan to use it until it actually stops, then I have been saving coins for a few months with intent of using the laundromat in town. it costs 3.75 cents for one dryer load - my washer still works so I may have to carry baskets of wet cloths in the car. I'll do what i have to do, i guess. No way I can get a new dryer into the house and installed so best not to even think about that.
So here's hoping that everyone will enjoy seeing the old year pass quietly and the New Year present itself to us peacefully and serenely - full of promise!  Take care 

No comments:

Post a Comment