Monday, December 3, 2018

Is winter here again?

After a week of roller coaster weather - mild, melting, rain, freezing rain, ice pellets etc, it snowed last night and the messy torn up ice covered ground is back to a white cover this morning. The weeks forecast calls for cloudy days and flurries so maybe we are back on track?
Yesterday morning was particularly bad as the power went off about 6 am - always happens with ice and wind around here. As I had mentioned before i am hand feeding one chick every few hours which requires boiling water and mixing formula at the exact temperature - i had just fed him when the power went out .....but what to do now? I got out the Eliminator battery thing I have but it was dead so then resorted to candles with little dishes on top to heat water. It worked 'sort of" but not ideal. Fortunately by mid morning the power came back and i was able to get back to doing it right. I also plugged in that battery thing and have made a note to ensure to charge it every month just to make sure it will work next time. I think there would be enough power in it to boil the kettle if i would need it again but then that would have been enough for me.
Cathy years ago you gave me a printed sheet with the conversions of the english keyboard keys to make it french. i shall try to find that sheet and if so can copy and mail to Pati unless, Cathy you have it really handy and can send. We will see what we can do for you Pati as you mention you could really use that - probably more than I. But my problem is that somehow I press some key to trigger the question mark key to turn into the "e acute" and so far only way to stop it is to log off. I do not know what is triggering it to do that.
So here starts another week... hope it will be good for us all. I look forward to your messages - both of you - to tell me what is going on in your world.  it keeps me going..... take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment