Sunday, September 1, 2019

And now it is September

Jim's friend Larry Stefanishyn didn't make it so we were at his funeral on Friday.  The doctor said it was probably for the best as he would not have had any quality of life if he had lived.  The Service was in a Ukrainian Orthodox Catholic Church.  Fortunately they limited it to English only so it was only about 45 minutes long.  The whole service is sung (and not that well) by the priest and the cantor.  We stopped at the legion for the lunch and then headed on home.  I did not choose to file past the open coffin to say my final goodbyes.  I prefer to remember him alive.  We have not had a frost yet, but since the garden was so poor I am not really worried about covering.  Except for Jim's cucumbers which after flowering for over a month have now developed about 7 cucumbers between 1 and 3 inches long.  Jim starts hauling potatoes on the 9th so I am figuring I will do most of my clean up when I am here alone.  He leaves about 6 am and may get home by 7 or 7:30 pm.  He is not sure if he will be able to handle the long days but since he is feeling so much better now he is going to give it a shot. I am letting him pick all the suppers this week since he won't have any for 2 to 3 weeks except hamburgers and occasionally pizza, which they supply.  We have had Daddy's ribs, today is steak and then we will have shrimp and then kebobs.  Not sure what is on his list after that.  But at least we are having regular meals.  We have had rain 2 nights in a row and have accumulated over an inch and a half.  We still need lots more but at least we have rain.  And now I get to go outside and help cut the tops off of some trees that are reaching the hydro lines. I told Jim I would climb the ladder, but since I won't go more than 6 feet off the ground he might want them trimmed a little higher than that 😇

No comments:

Post a Comment