Tuesday, September 10, 2019

'Tis done!

Things are sorted out.  I have a temporary drivers license.  New Manitoba Health and Blue Cross cards are on their way.  I submitted an incident report to the Police via internet, and received it back this morning complete with an incident number and official letterhead.  It proved invaluable for replacing most cards, including the drivers license, my library card and my Fabricland membership card.  The most hassle was with my Starbucks Gold Card.  I was on the internet and phone for the best part of an hour over that one.  Later in the day, I was running the washer and drier, and, lo and behold, there was my Starbucks Gold Card in the bottom of the washer.  I guess it had been in my pant pocket rather than in  my wallet.  So I just cut it in half and into the garbage.  I hated to lose the Gold Card but the gift card I bought to get back into the system now has all of my Gold Card benefits and reward points attached to it.

I'll still have to change my default card on PayPal, but can't do that until I get the new credit card.  Also, the manager of our credit Union has strongly recommended that I do something on couple of web sites. This is supposed to assist in preventing identity theft, and I plan to do it first thing in the morning.

We visited Walmart, and got a new purse and wallet.  The purse is deep Burgundy ( David objected to the black one I picked up)  The wallet is bright red and doesn't go with the purse at all, but it makes me happy.  We will still have to get a new phone, but we've been told that we'll have to sign a contract to get it, and we want to discuss this a little further before making the  commitment.

So we've both vegged out most of the evening, watching election returns on tv.  Not that there was ever much doubt about the result, but the commentary is sometimes interesting and besides, doing anything else takes too much energy.

Did a wee bit of stitching this afternoon, but not ready for pictures, and I'm not sure this project will be anything but a utility quilt.  Regardless, I'll think about the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment