Thursday, September 12, 2019

Elections

You folks have just gone through the Provincial election and now right into the Federal election - are you saturated yet?
I visited with my dear old friend Daisy yesterday at her home here in Sundridge. The last few months in Toronto where she lives with her family have been iffy for her with a hospital stay for pneumonia. But she is back to her "normal" condition now but she is failing in her dementia. She really cannot get any sensible conversation out, but just sits and listens and laughs on occasion.  When I left her comment was "It was nice knowing you" but I know she really meant "it was nice to see you"  but still, it was not appropriate in context, but the most sensible thing she said the whole visit. Still her son and granddaughter talk non stop so the visit is never a strain for me haha!
Warm here now so I hope to get some done outside if the wetness subsides. Yesterday was 'clean the bird cages" day and then i switched over the microwave. Some time ago Harry brought home a different machine from the 'dump store" and wanted to use it. So my cherished microwave went into a box for the time being. As I figured this replacement was never to my liking and eventually the paint all along the rotating wheel peeled away. I had painted it once with porcelain but refused to do it again. So I was pleased to get my nice one back in place and functioning well. The other will go back to the dump (the real dump not the store haha!)
Hope all is well with you folks...Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment