Thursday, September 5, 2019

The plate of cheese tarts....

.....all doctored up with filling, will be just great, Pati. The folks will pop them in their mouths and enjoy the stark contrast of cheese and lime, and enjoy them totally (and be totally unaware of your thwarted attempts at making them so presentable haha). But, I was sorry to hear of your saga in making the little things, though. I ponder about baking these days as I try to do my best but things always happen to vary the expected outcome and then I blame myself for goofing it up. I wonder if the basic ingredients offered today (flours, butter, etc), have evolved so much over the years that our old tested and true recipes will never be the same as we remember? There are times when I wish NOT to home bake when required. Although, yesterday, surprisingly, I did manage to produce some cookies to take to Mikes. Edna's Cookies of course, and then an oatmeal mix I bought at the local Village Bins to which I added dried whole cranberries. Not too bad either of them, Today I shall hope to make a new recipe Lemon and Raspberry Scones. ( I got the idea of making scones for our coffee time at Mikes from the Pickled Gizzard Blog and the recipe from my Splenda Cookbook that I bought for baking for Mike to keep with his new nutritional regime) However the kitchen is still churning away with dehydrators and veg, and powders etc. And tomorrow I have to stay clear of utilizing the space myself so Harry can bake the Rouladen which I have to pick up at the local Deli in the morning.Oh how wonderful to be so busy (haha!)
So I better get myself in gear now and prepare for a busy day ahead. Hope your day at the Gallery will be very pleasant for you Pati, and Cathy what are you up to?  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment