Wednesday, September 4, 2019

It is like a factory here

The kitchen is a work house right now. Two dehydrators going full out and not much room for anything else. Yesterday Harry bought a case of tomatoes to cut up and dehydrate. And a bag full of eggplant to do the same. I had to look up a recipe for eggplant chips and he made some of them - too early to see the results as they are still in the machine.
We are going to visit Mike on Sunday and I planned some baking but at this time I am unsure of how to do this. Our timing is crucial as we have the Wedding to attend on Saturday, and Harry is making Beef Rouladen for the meal at Mike's which needs the kitchen and oven. And he continues with doing all this dehydrating so...I am in a bit of an unknown to execute my plans.
Yesterday also while in Huntsville, we drove to the Wedding venue to have an idea where it is and what the parking might be like. It is in fact a Barn as we were told. Not sure right now how this will all unfold but I go with an open mind and a happy heart for the couple as this day is special for them and we have been kept updated about all the wedding plans and preparations that have gone on over the last year. If you find a minute or two you could look it up if you wish to see pictures on the internet - called Hillside Farms , Huntsville Ontario. I was able to buy a new shirt for Harry at the Thrift Shop - one that is a 2XL but actually closes at the neck nicely which was his problem - so now he will be able to wear a tie with his suit. I have my outfit all ready - even found a slip and some nylons in my drawer so all should be good.
The Dutch neighbours next door leave for home on Sunday after being here since June 18. They have had a good time and he has done some nice alterations and additions to their home to improve it. (A porch like covering over the front door, and some large wooden planters on the back to utilize a flat wooden deck that was up to now sort of an eyesore.) He was very pleased with himself as I spoke with him over the fence yesterday. 
Well, time to find something to have for breakfast in the kitchen - maybe dehydrated tomatoes haha! Most of all my large apples have fallen from the tree now - I have made two apple crisps so far, and I have another bowl full of apples to use up. These are not crabs but instead a larger sweet juicy apple that up to a few years ago was not producing well. I love this tree and hope it will last for awhile. The crab apple tree at the fence that I said awhile ago was dead will be removed as soon as the neighbours leave. Harry sawed a few branches off but needs to use the electric chain saw and did not want to do this this them next door. Oh joy - more nice little jobs to do.... Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment