Friday, September 27, 2019

Another week ending

Somehow this one disappeared into the ether, and I have no idea where it went.  I did finish my quilt top and made it ready for the quilter with batting and backing cut to size.  I will be taking it out not next week, but the one following, as she lives outside Holland MB.  I am going to a meeting at her home and taking the quilt along for the ride.  I completed a small piece, and have started another. This one for a competition at next spring's big Quilt Show here.  I have a presentation to prepare for December's quilt guild meeting, and better get on it, as I may have to borrow a couple of pieces as examples of different types of work.

Yesterday was our first "payday" without a mortgage payment.  Our Line of Credit has been successfully moved to the credit union from the bank, and all of the paperwork done to change my small credit card to a different company.  Now I'm just waiting for my PIN to arrive in the mail, so that it can be activated, and I can arrange a balance transfer from the old card.  Once that's done I have to attach the new card to my Paypal account.  Lots of fuss and bother, but in the end I think we'll be happier about how our money is managed,

The parking lot at the Starbucks store have been busy with equipment patching the asphalt.  Talk about chaos!  It was interesting watching the workers, especially when the dump truck came with the hot asphalt and unloaded it so very precisely into the small hole that had been prepared for it.  Then a little loader came and carefully picked up the hot stuff to move it to different locations.  I was able to watch from inside, and was impressed with the skills I observed in the workers.

We took the car in for a final wash before snowfall.  It was pretty grubby, and we talked about actually paying for a detailing, but instead bought the best actual car wash they offered instead.  An excellent job.  No need for detailing at 5X the price.  And then it rained.  But no worries.  Next comes changing to snow tires.  All of this means that winter is coming.  Don't want to think about that!

Now with the weekend, David has his football games every day.  I spend the time in the studio.  I'm so grateful that we bought the little tv for me down there, although, this evening I sense maybe a poker tournament in my future.  I still have that sense of feeling that, right now, all's right in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment