Friday, September 20, 2019

Nice weather means outside work..

...need to catch the good weather in order to accomplish something outside so last few days have mostly been doing just that. I do not know how to make an interesting blog post about tearing apart tomato plants and dumping the pots of soil into a big pile at the back of the yard haha ! Back and forth and back and forth we go....
Since rain is scheduled for Saturday I may have to double my speed today to show some progress. Priority is the driveway and where I know I have to snow shovel over winter. The pots at the back of the house along the fence are the lowest priority and it will likely not be touched until Spring.  We covered the big greenhouse with new plastic on Wednesday as the previous roof was in need of repairs. Again it would have been a great show for someone hiding in a tree to watch - the two of us are not the best at cooperative work and at times it was getting a bit tense but cooler heads prevailed ( mine that is) and the task was done. A few touch ups are needed but Harry can do that.
We have one budgie egg laid so far and I am sure when I take the covers off the cage this morning there may likely be two - seems that eggs are laid every two days by the mother and they leave it alone for 24 hours and then she will start to lay on them to incubate. Oh boy....
I finished the P.D James book ( The Murder Room) I was reading last night so I am without another right now ( one that interests me that is..) I guess a trip to the Library is in order?
Here's to a nice weekend for us all.... Thinking of you both

No comments:

Post a Comment