Monday, September 9, 2019

Good Monday morning to you ...

...the temperature outside is 32 degrees F! I did not get the inside plants in yet so I sure hope they might escape a touch of frost. To celebrate the cold, this morning for my coffee I choose my Tim Hortons mug with the snowflakes all over it haha! I have fun each morning choosing which of my many mugs I will use and this seemed appropriate for the cold wakeup call!
A very busy weekend but I am here Monday morning to tell the tale.  The Wedding was extremely wonderful in spite of the periods of torrential rain that occurred interspersed with periods of sunny blue skies. The ceremony itself had to be moved inside the barn but as the procession was about to begin, the sun came out in all its glory. The sun lasted long enough for the ceremony and then outside pictures. As we all joined in the Barn again to await the Dinner, the rain came down in torrents. And then as if by magic, it stopped and did not appear again. The Caterers got a bit wet bringing in the food for the buffet table but that did not seem to damper anyone's spirits.  We visited with family nicely, and Harry got lots of pictures on his camera which we only glimpsed last night but he will run some off on the computer on glossy picture paper for us to have. So from my perspective - a great success!
The visit with Mike was equally wonderful. A very nice time with conversation and laughs which I truly love. Stefanie was greeted and very quickly joined in with the same lively interaction that Mike and I usually have together. Harry was kept busy scratching lottery tickets that Mike gave him for his upcoming Birthday. 
We made it back home by 4;00 pm - just in time for me to run over next door to send off the neighbours returning to Holland by plane from Toronto. The car (family across the street) was being loaded so I was able to say a quick goodbye - I would have been disappointed if I had not had the opportunity. 
So now life begins again around here. Much to do in the yard and I have a focus now to get as much done as I can if my dear old body can endure it haha! 
But first, enjoy my early morning coffee in solitude, and then some light breakfast, and away we go . How is everything there with you two?  Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment