Friday, September 20, 2019

someone please hand me a towel

Yep, it's wet here.  The thunder storm this morning was viscous.  All of the noise woke me up, but I snuggled down and then one tremendous bang made me wonder if our tree had been hit.  Since it would likely fall into my bed I got up to get out of the way.  Not to worry it was just noise, and wind, and water.  And more thunder and rain predicted for over night.

A putter-y day with laundry and rain outside so a good day to stay close to home.  However, my friend Gail called.  Her 98 year old mother is approaching death and all of the family have gathered to be with Mother through this.  Gail has been primary caregiver until now, so she took the opportunity to get away for a few minutes and we met for coffee.  We spent more than two hours sitting in Starbucks and talking away.  Our conversations are often exercises in word association and the topics can cover anything, and certainly did today.  Another friend, Andrea also joined us, and I left the two of them chatting away when it was finally time to come home to make supper.

This evening will be quiet.  Clean bed linen means a shower.  I've tried playing poker, but got kicked out quickly. so maybe early to bed.  I am in the Gallery in Selkirk tomorrow, so that should keep me busy and off the streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment