Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Glad it worked out

I’m glad it all worked out for you Pati. I remember how terrifying it is to be a victim of crime. I couldn’t sleep for days in fear that someone was going to break in. Jim got two days of hauling in before they stopped for rain. We thought they would be going today but it seems they got more rain south of us. It is supposed to rain a lot tomorrow so I think we are looking at Saturday or Sunday before they go again. I have been trying to burn off all the brush we have piled in the yard...years worth. I am pleased with the fact that the yard looks cleaner, but lots to go. I have to see a neurologist next Thursday because of the feelings in my leg. I am not sure if I did something when I flung myself back from the fire (I firmly believe I teleported) and landed sideways on the wheelbarrow or if it is something else. I did have x-rays a couple of weeks ago so I will see soon. We have still not had a killing frost. It got just down to zero once. It is slow, but we might get a few cucumbers. The beans and strawberries are still flowering. I had the RCMP drop in early the other morning. The sergeant lives south of us and on his way to work he spotted the beater parked in the field. He noted the doors were unlocked and the keys in the console. I told him Jim was hoping it would get stolen. He laughed, since he knows Jim. I said I would hide the keys but then realized that Jim would not know where they were. He thought that was a really fun idea!  Not a problem right now with the rain. Usually we leave the keys out since we park it in the access to the field. If the Brays need into the field  they can just move the car. Ahhh. Life in the country

No comments:

Post a Comment