Tuesday, August 18, 2020

A couple of lazy days

The weather has been really beautiful.  Perfect for sitting outside reading or doing a bit of hand stitching.  Nothing productive being accomplished in the studio.   Housework is being kept to the bare minimum, and the dishwasher used a little more than usual.  There are a couple of things on my job list, but they're being ignored for now.

This morning we signed the contract for the bathroom renovations.  The actual work is scheduled for the 24-25th of September.  I'm glad we have the second bathroom to use while things are going on.  I don't know what we would do without that.  Maybe have to move out for a couple of days.  I remember the six weeks we spent living in a construction zone while the kitchen was being done.  Stove in the living room and all cooking being done on the basement bar.

We found out today that thrift stores are now accepting donations.  We have a bag full waiting to go, and I'll be glad to see the end of it.  One would think that with all of the purging going on over the past few years, that there would be no more to go, but it just never seems to end.  I keep reminding myself that it will make everything much easier when we are forced to move into a condo--hopefully many years from now, but who knows what the future holds.  In any case, I'm sure the children will appreciate it when the time comes for their involvement.  We consulted both of them about the bathroom renovation, and they were both very much in favour of it.

I very much love to hear from both of you, on this blog.  So good to keep in touch this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment