Sunday, August 23, 2020

Finally, I had my BBQ

All summer I have been wanting to BBQ especially since I had moved the grill to the back door patio area and cleaned it up and liked the idea of sitting out there at the table. The idea materialized when the Covid 19 hit and our Dutch neighbours decided NOT to come to Canada for several months this year as they have in past years. This meant there would be relative privacy sitting in this area next to the fence and their yard. Since they have been coming over the past many years, we had moved to another sitting area on the other side of the house. So yesterday was the day! I marinated some pork, made a tin foil package of fresh veg and once Harry had the grill started ( I did not do this myself because it frightens me) ...Voila! I enjoyed the whole experience. Besides, the meal was great too!  Then before bed i sat at the computer to watch a movie - we pay for Prime Video but I never really take advantage of it. I found another Diane Keaton rom/com and sat and enjoyed it drinking a "nighty night " herbal tea. So all in all yesterday was an OK day for me. 
We are dehydrating celery again right now - picked all of ours from the garden - I had to scrub it clean from dirt which does not take too long, and then Harry cuts it up and into the machine. I still have not pulled up the beans which are not producing, but I am sure at this stage they are not going to grow any nice beans. Harry bought a basket of green tomatoes at the roadside market yesterday so I expect that will be on the meal agenda today -green fried tomatoes.
It is supposed to rain today so maybe I'll get ambitious and do some indoor work. I want to bake some cookies to take to Mike's on Wednesday. He has his annual 'guys weekend" planned for that weekend so I thought a few cookies hanging around might be a nice treat for them. They play board games and BBQ, and generally have a real good time - it is a good way for these Veterans to get together and shake off a few ghosts - this is my way of interpreting it, as I heard that being with fellow ex military helps many who are still wearing the scars of it all. I hope it helps my Mike anyway.
So off on another day here. Hope all is well there - see and hear on the news that Manitoba is having increased cases of Covid 19 and restrictions are increasing.  Take care please, and be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment