Thursday, August 6, 2020

Finally, a clean carpet

Here we go in the new format.  It looks like we have no choice.  yesterday we had the carpet cleaners here.  They did not only a deep cleaning, they did a super job of spot removing, and then added a protective stain resistant coating, as well.  They did none of this for free, but I had anticipated needing extra services, and was prepared to pay for them.  Plastic money, of course.  While they were here, David ran errands. Our local library opened with very limited services on Tuesday, but books I had ordered previous to that still had to be picked up at the library on North Henderson, so we did that, once the cleaners were gone.  Since they had left the carpet somewhat wet, and the house had a bit of a smell, we wanted to be out of the house, so actually went out for supper.  The smell appears to be gone, but there are still areas of the carpet that are wet, this morning.

This afternoon David goes back for the hearing aids that got me in such a panic situation last week.  He has asked that I accompany him, and I will, but there is no way I will try to go for coffee while I wait.  So instead I plan to take a book, some Dr. Pepper, and plan to make myself comfortable sitting in the parking lot.  I hope we can find a parking spot in the shade, as it's supposed to be very hot and humid here today.  

We had talked about our wine rack and personal labels, so I took pictures of both.  On the bottom are bottles of the most recent Pino Grigio.  This we brought home a month ago.  In the middle is the White Zinfandel we brought home on Saturday.  Above that are the last few bottles of the Pino Grigio we made at home about eight months ago.  At the top right side are the last two bottles of a previous batch of Elderberry, made about 4 years ago.  I only get about 5 bottles out of each batch of Elderberry, and I ration them severely.  But now I also have the batch I made this summer.  So I could actually drink some of it, without feeling guilty, other than about not following my eating regimen, that is.  


No comments:

Post a Comment