Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Do your days ever take on a life of their own?

 I had a pot of cucumber relish to cook up and can so I started that first thing this morning. (As soon as I cleaned out the dishes in the sink☹️) Jim waited til that was done before making himself some breakfast. I had a very delicious toasted tomato sandwich. After I cleaned up everything from the relish I decided that since this was the last batch I was going to make,  no matter how many cucumbers came in from the garden, I decided to wash all the floors. Kitchen, living room, bathroom and hallway. (I was putting it off cause I always drop when canning) A job well done, even though there appear to be small cat paw prints right through the house. I then decided to check the garden for tomatoes and peppers. They are ripening, but not fast enough to collect enough for salsa. The peppers are easy to freeze so I wasn’t worried. I did find a few ripe Italiano tomatoes so I figured I would just wash them off and freeze them. I went downstairs to straighten the freezer to make room and down at the bottom I found 2 bags of frozen tomatoes from last year, and, fortunately a bag of chopped onions. So I now have a big pot of Previously frozen tomatoes, peppers and onions simmering on the stove. I still have to straighten the freezer but I figured I better clean the kitchen floor first (again☹️). It is now almost 1:30 and the only thing I got done that I intended to do was the relish!  Where did the day go and what am I making for supper?  

No comments:

Post a Comment