Sunday, August 9, 2020

Canning

You are far too busy Cathy - sit down and relax!
I have never used a 'real" canner but instead just a big pot - do you have a big pot? I have never tried the oven way but I have a feeling it might just cook every thing rather than water seal them? But I do not know....perhaps do a google search. Personally I would go for Auntie Lorraine's recipe for beets any time over pickled beets. Harry has never liked beets this way but I still make them for myself.
I have had an urge to try making crepes - especially since I am reading a cook book that is especially delightful for all types of cooking but has a section devoted to crepes - dessert and main course, and appetizers etc. I have a small Braun crepe maker which I found downstairs and have it on the counter now. So maybe in next few days i shall try - do either of you have a favourite crepe recipe that you have tried or seen?
Must go - I have been productive today so I better not loose my mojo!! However, a sit down with a goblet of wine sounds exciting haha!  I am sure i could squeeze a few drops from my almost empty cardboard box. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment